Terms and Conditions
Last updated: June 2019
YOU SHOULD READ ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU USE THE WEBSITE AS YOU WILL BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM
The following Terms and Conditions govern your use of this Website. Your access to and use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are applicable only to persons accessing the Website. There may be separate terms and conditions that apply if you access other pages or follow links from the Website. It is your responsibility to check and read such terms and conditions where applicable.
The Company may, from time to time, without prior notice, make amendments to these Terms and Conditions. You are legally bound by such revisions and should, at regular intervals, visit this page to read the latest version of the Terms and Conditions which become controlling when posted on the Website.
The following words and phrases will have the meanings set opposite them unless the context indicates otherwise:
Company, us or we means FamilyLife Pte Ltd.
Confidential Information means:
- information relating to the Company, its customers (including Personal Information and financial information) or its business which is disclosed to (or is otherwise acquired by) you, your employees, agents or contractors, by or on behalf of the Company, and which is not publicly available; and
- all other information disclosed in circumstances which a reasonable person would consider to be confidential.
Customer means a user of the Website.
Material means articles, data, reports, opinions, documents and other information or material including images, videos and graphics posted and/or made available on the Website by the Company from time to time.
Messages include all directions or requests communicated from time to time electronically between you and the Company.
Personal Data means personal data as defined under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Personal Information means all information including Personal Data, health and financial information provided by you to the Company from time to time.
Person or Persons shall be deemed to include an individual or other legal entities or bodies, corporate or unincorporate.
Terms and Conditions means the terms and conditions in the Website and Additional Terms and Conditions as may be applicable and / or amended, varied, or modified from time to time.
Website means the applicable website listed here, accessible by the domain name set opposite it:
- the website at https://familylife.io/
You means the Customer save where indicated otherwise and your has a corresponding meaning.
Restrictions On Use Of Website
- must not use or act on or through the Website, directly or indirectly, to commit any crimes;
- must not act on or through the Website so as to interfere with or disrupt Internet users, service providers, or their computers, software or hardware. Such actions include, but are not limited to, the circulation of any unsolicited publicity or advertising material, propagation of computer worms or viruses, using the Website to gain unauthorised access to any other computer, sending harassing, obscene, indecent, offensive or threatening electronic mail, forgery (or attempted forgery) and creation of false electronic mail messages or websites and the replacement, transmission or storage of any defamatory material on the Internet;
- must not access, or permit any other party to access, the Website for any purpose or activity of an illegal, fraudulent or defamatory nature;
- agree not to reproduce, frame, transmit, broadcast, adapt, modify, reverse assemble or reverse decompile the Website, or any of its component parts;
- must comply strictly with these Terms and Conditions and all other directions issued from time to time by the Company relating to your access and use of the Website; and
- warrant that in accessing and using the Website, you will not breach any law or code, including without limitation, any copyrights, patents, trade secrets, confidential information or other intellectual property rights belonging to us or any other person and any law or code (where applicable) relating to the collection, use, disclosure and protection of Personal Information.
Unless labelled to the contrary, the Company owns or uses under licence all intellectual property rights in all works and Material on this Website. You must not remove or modify any notices of attribution or copyright. The Website contains names and logos which are registered and unregistered trademarks of FamilyLife. Any use of the trademarks including names and logos, without our prior approval, would constitute an infringement of these trademarks and is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained in this Website should be construed as conferring, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, a licence or right to use any of the trademarks.
Products or services detailed on the Website are only available to persons in certain named countries. Your local legislation may not permit us to offer products or services to you in your own country. We reserve the right to determine the eligibility of any user for any product or service.
Not Advice or Offer or Solicitation
The Material on the Website is of a general nature and for information only and is not intended to be advice or an offer or solicitation to sell any product or service. Accordingly, you should assess whether the Material is appropriate in the light of your individual circumstances, and/or the individual circumstances of any person you are acting for, before acting or advising on the Material.
The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the extent permitted under applicable law, all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of third party rights are disclaimed. The Material may incorporate information obtained from third parties (including but not limited to unit prices), the accuracy of which may not have been established by the Company. The Company gives no warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness, adequacy or completeness of the Material, and accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Material however arising (including but not limited to errors or omissions arising as a result of the negligence of the Company, its directors, employees, agents or representatives).
If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the Website, or with any of these Terms and Conditions, please discontinue using the Website.
You acknowledge that:
- in accessing the Website or the Material, you may acquire Confidential Information from the Company;
- the Confidential Information comprises information that is valuable and may cause serious damage and loss (including to third parties) if it is improperly disclosed or used.
You must hold all Confidential Information in confidence and may not make any use of it except for the purposes of, or as authorised under, these Terms and Conditions (or as otherwise approved by the Company), and may not disclose or permit or cause the Confidential Information to be disclosed to any person except a person authorised by the Company to receive it or where the disclosure is authorised under these Terms and Conditions. You are liable for any misuse of the Confidential Information by you.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
This Website is owned and operated by FamilyLife Pte Ltd. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by FamilyLife, no Materials from this Website, operated, licensed or controlled by FamilyLife may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. You may download Materials displayed on this Website for your use only, provided that you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Materials. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content of this Website for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without our prior written permission. We neither warrant nor represent that your use of Materials displayed on this Website will not infringe rights of third parties.
Sending of Messages
Certain portions of the Website offer you the ability to send and receive electronic mail messages (“email”). Email functionality, if any, is provided to you to facilitate communications between you and the Company. You should regularly access your mailbox to read your emails and ensure that old mails are archived and that your mailbox size is not exceeded.
The Company shall have no liability for any loss or damage that results from:
- interception and / or unauthorised use by third parties of any information you send by email or;
- unaccepted email requests, orders or instructions or;
- the Company not having received email requests, orders or instructions even though it has been sent or;
- you not receiving any of your emails for whatever reason whatsoever or;
- the deletion or removal of any of your emails by the Company as part of its housekeeping process or;
- the termination and deletion of your email accounts by the Company for any reason whatsoever.
You must ensure that all Messages sent by you to the Company are timely, complete, and accurate. The Company has absolute discretion in deciding which requests, orders, or instructions can be made via email and the Company will inform a Customer if it rejects any requests, order or instructions sent by a Customer by email. If there is evidence that a Message has been corrupted by the Company or if any Message is identified or capable of being identified as being incorrect, you must re-transmit that Message as soon as practicable after becoming aware that the Message has been corrupted or is, or is capable of being, incorrect, together with a clear indication that it is a corrected Message. All Messages are effective only when they have been completely received by the Company and the responsibility is yours to ensure that the Message is received by the Company.
The Company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential, punitive damages or economic loss, suffered as a result of:
- the use of, misuse of or inability to use the Website (or any other linked website) by you or anyone else;
- any malfunction, breakdown or error in the Website, howsoever caused;
- the Material on the Website or any information, data or material from any other linked website;
- any cessation, suspension or termination of the Website howsoever caused including any negligence in respect thereof, even if the Company, its directors, employees or authorised representatives have been advised of the possibility of such damages, losses and/or expenses. In no event shall the Company’s liability to you for all damages, losses (whether in contract or tort including but not limited to negligence howsoever caused or arising) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing the Website.
You must indemnify the Company, its directors, employees and agents and hold them indemnified, against:
- all actions, claims, suits, proceedings, causes of action and demands that are made by any person in connection with your use (or misuse) of the Website or the Material; and
- all losses, costs, expenses and damages incurred by the Company in connection with a breach by you of any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
Acts by any person on your behalf
You are liable to the Company for any acts, failures or omissions (including negligence and any changes in the data comprising any Message), by any person used by you or acting on your behalf to transmit, log or process Messages as if they were your own acts, failures or omissions. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, any person appointed or engaged by you or used by you in this manner will be deemed to be your agent acting on your behalf.
Your access to the Website may be terminated by the Company in its sole discretion at any time without notice. The limitations of liability and disclaimers made by the Company in these Terms and Conditions will survive any termination of access to the Website.
What Personal Information is Collected
The Personal Information collected by the Company about you will depend on your use of the different functions available on the Website. If you visit the Website for any reason, including to read, browse, download information, or send Messages, our systems will record your server address, the date and time of your visit and Personal Information provided by you to the Company.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company may, in its absolute discretion, reveal or release your Personal Information to a third party where this is required or necessary.
Disclosure to Public Agencies – FamilyLife will adhere to any requests to disclose personal data to public agencies, courts and law enforcement agencies when required for purposes of investigations or proceedings under the PDPA or other written law.
Security of Personal Information
The Company has implemented suitable security processes and technologies to protect collected Personal Information and to protect it from incorrect use and unauthorised access.
If you have provided your consent, the Company may use your information to keep you informed by post, telephone, e–mail, text messaging or other electronic means, about FamilyLife products and services which may be of interest to you. Your information may also be used for these purposes after your contract account has ended.
However, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent for your information to be used for the above purposes.
Copyright 2020 SmartLife Systems Pte Ltd